Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Momentous occasion

I ran 1 mile tonight without stopping!! And I managed my asthma breathing throughout. I've decided to take what I've been practising in the gymn out on the road. The course is only short (2.4k/ 1.6 miles) but I've never been able to run this far before without getting out of breath and having to take a walk break.... strange as I can do a full advanced spinning class and 60 minutes on the treadmill.

They say to concentrate on doing the things you're poor on, so my running needs to go further up the agenda. It won't be long before I'm doing 5ks. I don't want to do a couch 2 5k program as I would give myself licence to walk when I could just push through.

1 mile does not an ironman make, but sitting here flushed and sweating it is a little victory for me.

1 Comments:

At 11:03 pm, Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

That IS momentous and it IS what an Ironman is made of! Don't sell the accomplishment short! You will progress and feel stronger with a little time and soon will look back on that run and smile. Asthma is a real challenge (I have it, too, and am *not* looking forward to the colder weather), but listening to your body is wise.

Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home