Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bad Asthma Day (Grrrr)

After my great run yesterday I've been dying to get out and pound the pavement today but something was missing. My legs felt like lead and I couldn't get breaths down to the depths of my lungs. I came home after a mile. I've found a local 5k on the 12th November as well and was feeling quite chirpy about entering and using this as a benchmark. I'm going spinning at 4:30 to try and make myself feel better.

Yesterday was a great day for procrastination and a bad day for study. I ran, went to the gymn and hit the cross trainer for a big hill, THEN went back at 8pm and swam a mile (goggles are a wonderful thins- does it make me an athlete that I now own a piece of sporting equipment?) I also internet shopped (La redoute, who do free returns so it won't matter if I send it all back) read a million blogs and dealt with the broken fridge freezer. Why do things choose to break when the Lovely BF is out of the country. I'm sure he thinks I do it for attention! So tomorrow will be dealing with the purchase of a new one (I've found a budget model for £170, but he's sure to want a SMEG or something)

This week's plans:

Monday- upper body weights and cross trainer
Tuesday- lower body weights and cross trainer (big hills)
Wednesday- swim and body combat
Thursday- upper body weights and cross trainer
Friday- lower body weights and spinning
Saturday- body combat and swim
Sunday- try and convince Lovely BF to take me for a run (and study!)

Down to 164. It would be lovely to drop 3 more pounds before Barcelona, but as I have two meals out this week t might be down to more luck than judgement.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with breathing... although I have never been diagnosed with asthma, I only get the problem while running. hmmmmm... could it be that I am 80 lbs over wieght??? LOL

You have amazing energy... keep it up!

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Have you considered using your inhaler before your run? I have asthma, too, and have found that if I take two hits about 10 minutes before I run, I never seem to have any problems. It does increase my heartrate a little, but such is life. :)

Tigerlilly -- you may have "execise induced asthma" that only comes on, well, during exercise. Totally treatable -- my friend has it and continues to compete in tris and marathons.

 
At 4:14 pm, Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

knock, knock...

Clare? You in there?

Come out and play...we miss you out here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home