Saturday, October 14, 2006

Challenges... and a little PB

Challenges- conjunctivitis!!! How rude, especially when I've had a swimming lesson and can't wait to get back and practice my newly learned front crawl. I'm taking antibiotic eye drops so hopefully I won't look like a squinty person for too much longer.

But I ran 1.2 miles this morning. In my usual skewed good and evil balance, when I went for tapas with the girls last night I left my car in Leamington, knowing that the lovely BF is away I would have to collect it in the morning, and decided to run to make up for the wine. Now 1.2, compared to 1 might not seem like such a feat, but while frantically doing maths and running (a pre requisite of any form of exercise in my head) it is a 20% improvement. So I will celebrate it as such. I also decided that if I could run 1.2 miles I can run 5k (not a direct correlation but a leap of faith) so I'm going to look for a race to run.

I have a weekend of study ahead of me (HR and the organisational context- HURRAY!) so there'll be plenty of time for procrastination. I shall be internet shopping, surfing and doing all kinds of unrelated stuff. I've even planned to go to the gymn tonight...yes tonight..a Saturday night when all normal people are spending time with their friends and family. God, I'm such a martyr!!

1 Comments:

At 3:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... thanks for the comment. It is always great to know that I am not alone in this battle.

Hope your eyes are doing better. conjunctivitis...ugh

Have a great workout, and keep in touch... WE CAN DO IT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home