Tuesday, November 14, 2006

So... this is the off season (oh no, I didn't have an on season!)

I'm not sure how it's been an entire month since I've posted..... oh, there was the holiday in Barcelona (nice food, nice wine, lots and lots of walking), the period of sickness and then the period of study! Ooops, missed the exercise. I can't even say I'm tapering or anything, just plain lazy!


I need a new strategy. A strategy for when it's cold and dark at 4pm, cold and dark at 7am and my house is lovely and warm. I think I might have to dust of the home cross trainer (or remove the clothes currently hanging on it), embrace my inner home-bunny and get outside at the weekends when it's light. I don't exactly live in the ghetto, but it's not a great place to run in the dark, and there would certainly be no music.

I feel a bit better for putting my thoughts down. At least there's a semblance of a plan.

Food was bad. Now is good- I'm semi detoxing and have two really quiet weekends in a row where I've planned to get outside and walk. Hopefully I can get some of the boomerang pounds off (I would love to be 159 for Xmas, but that's not going to happen sitting on my bum!)

2 Comments:

At 8:46 pm, Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Welcome back! Off seasons are fun! I'm currently in one, although it very inconveniently scheduled itself right before my last race of the season. Tisk, tisk.

I just got a little pepper spray for runners, in case you're interested in something for those dark runs when it's actually easier to run outside then deal with all the laundry on the Mill of Dread. It's itty bitty and makes me feel more secure. I feel sorry for the first poor sap who suprises me on a dark run...in for an eye full!

 
At 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi clareuk,

thanks for stopping by! wow you are so motivated. i think about exercising and i really can't seem to do it. summer it was too hot to go outside and now it's too dark! :/ plus i cook a lot so i get tired by end of the night. but kudos to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home